Aug 7, 2026

RIP Dory Funk Jr.

I know that Dory Funk Jr was a wrestling legend.  He was mostly before my time.
I had seen him in wrestling magazines and maybe heard his name a handful of times.
In 1991, I helped Steve Doll get an article in Wrestling Fury magazine.
They asked him to send photos for the article, and he asked me to help him choose.  
As we were going through lots of his photos, this one was at the top of his choices.
He told me that Dory Funk Jr was one of his childhood heroes and that he was honored to 
work with him in Japan.  A few months later, he excitedly told me about a match he had while
on another trip to Japan with Dory, Dynamite Kid, Terry Gordy, Steve Williams, and Andre the Giant. I was impressed by Andre, but for him it was clearly Dory who was the top legend in the ring. 

See the article:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment