Jun 7, 2023

Wrestling Fury Magazine Article - Dec. 1991 ~ Steve Doll The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of

Back in the day, I was looking to expand my wrestling friend group.  Some of my friends were into wrestling too, but not like me!  Many wrestling magazines had pen pal sections in the back and I started writing to a few people and became fast friends with people all over the US that also liked wrestling.  At one point I had 2-3 letters a day coming in the mail.  One of those pen pals was a gal named Donna LaRue.  She happened to be a writer for Wrestling Fury magazine.  I don't remember who suggested it, but the idea came about to do an article about Steve.  She made up a list of questions and asked me to deliver them to him, to see what he thought.  I was so nervous to ask him, but really, who's gonna say no to an article about them in a national publication?  He filled out the questionnaire and returned it to me the following Saturday, with a few photos for them to use.  About 6 months later, the article finally was published.  When I brought him a copy of the magazine he seemed so shy and embarrassed, like I had never seen him act.  To be honest, it was pretty cute! 😁

Open each page in a new tab to see it even larger.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment