Feb 19, 2012

"Playboy" Buddy Rose

Buddy Rose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"PlayBoy"  Buddy Rose.
November 27, 1952 – April 28, 2009
Sorry for all of the fat jokes Buddy!  We miss you!

Favorite Buddy Rose moments:
  • A friend and I dressed as "The Beach Boys (Buddy Rose and Avalanche) for Halloween one year. (1989?) We had Neon T-shirts and giant Hawaiian shorts and pillows stuffed everywhere.  We took first place in the Sports Arena kids costume contest and won Front Row Tickets for the next week.
  • In the 90's there were matches held one Saturday a month at the Mount Scott Community Center.  My sister and I sat front row every month.  She had Blue and Pink hair at the time and dressed in bright colors.  One night Buddy Rose called her into the ring and asked her for a kiss.  She kissed him on the cheek.  He acted like he was going to faint and said he just got kissed by Madonna!
  • His t-shirt that said, "I worked hard for this body." 
I had to come back and add more!  03/02/2012
  • The "Blow Away Diet, order now by calling 1-800-L-A-R-D-A-S-S.
  • "I'm a slim, trim 317lbs!" I think it was 217lbs for a while!
  • Chanting, "Whale on the Beach!" during his matches.
Feel free to add your Buddy Rose memories!

2 comments:

  1. I can’t think of Buddy without remembering the dogs

    ReplyDelete