Dec 11, 2011

A little Christmas Cheer!



     I was at the Sports Arena for this incident.  Santa gave me a candy cane.  But Santa turned out to be evil!  It got crazy in there.  Fans went ballistic and tried to attack Rip Oliver. 
     I was 9 at the time and slapping hands with the wrestlers as they came to and left the ring was a big deal.  The Sports Arena didn't have much in the way of barriers, just a few security guards, so fans had pretty easy access to the wrestlers during the show.  It's a miracle that many fans didn't get hurt or involved in the action very often. 
     I recall several people needing some kind of First Aid, and lots of people being kicked out that night.  I got caught in the melee and got a pretty good knock to the side of the head from a guy who was trying to get to Rip and "tear his ugly heart out."  Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment