Dec 3, 2011

Kids Free Night

Wrestlers Merchandise from 1985
     I don't know when "Kids Free Night" began, but it sure was a good idea.  I never would have gone to the Sports Arena in the first place without it, and I was there every Saturday night 1987-1992.
     The "Bad Guys" always hated "Kids Free Night".  They would rant and rave about it in their interviews in the Crow's Nest.  Al Madril would make such a huge deal about letting in all of the Little Brats for free.  I recall he fought a match against Steve Doll and when he lost he had to pay for all of the kids himself.  Don Coss ended the show saying something like, "Kids, lets empty Al Madril's pockets.  Make sure to come to the Sports Arena next Saturday and show him how much you hate him."  It was PACKED!  Genius.
      I purchased each of these buttons at a "Kids Free Night" in 1985.  They held about one per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment